pictures from Cincopa

...

Friday, October 3, 2014

Both Jaime and I are heading off from our respective airports (Tulsa and Nantucket) to meet up at Logan and jump on an Air France flight tonight. To prepare for the trip I downloaded language apps and a program to learn Turkish on the airplane (a cinch, right?), informed all credit and debit card companies I was not a hacker/thief, notified the embassy under the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, printed off e visas, arranged about 20 other crazy things (buses places to stay, air bnb, internal flights, tours, etc.). and found an old acquaintance from high school who works in the United Arab Emirates who is visiting Turkey at the same time (and right down the street) to cool off and escape the hot weather.

Brother Alan found some more letters and clues including an uncle's name of Sadik Oktay. He is looking for another letter from our grandmother (büyükanne).

No comments:

Post a Comment